To add/remove widgets in sidebar, please go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. Fox has 3 main sidebars:
- Main Sidebar: This sidebar is used for main stream blog, archive pages and single post.
- Page Sidebar: This sidebar is used for your pages
- Shop Sidebar: This sidebar is used for WooCommerce pages and products. It’s only available when you install and activate WooComerce plugin.
To set sidebar state (right, left or no sidebar) of a page, it depends on which page you want to set.
For main stream homepage, please go to Customzie > Homepage Builder > Main Stream > Main Stream Sidebar.
For archives like category, tag, author.. please go to Customize > Archives > Archive Layouts and finds the archive page you want to change sidebar state. Note that you can also change sidebar state for each category/tag when you edit them.
For single posts, please go to Customize > Single Post > Single Post Layout > Sidebar. You can also change single post sidebar state in each Post Settings > General tab when you edit post.
For pages, please go to Customize > Page > Page Sidebar. You can also change page sidebar state in each Page Settings > General tab when you edit page.
For WooCommerce shop, please go to Customize > WooCommerce > Fox Options. Note that WooCommerce options are only available when you have installed & activated WooCommerce plugin.
Fox comes with possibility to create unlimited number of sidebars. You can create new sidebars in Dashboard > Fox Magazine > Sidebar Manager.
- Go to Dashboard > Fox Magazine > Sidebar Manager.
- Enter sidebar name. Sidebar slug is optional.
- Hit “Add sidebar” button. You’re done.
- Now go to Appearance > Widgets, you’ll see your My Sidebar sidebar appears there.
So what’s the use of new sidebar? It’s often being used in some situations like:
- A sidebar for your section in homepage builder section. After creating a new sidebar, you’ll see it appear in dropdown of sidebar list of your Homepage Builder section.
- A custom sidebar for your category/tag. When you edit a category/tag, you’ll see a list of available sidebars to replace.
- A custom sidebar for your post/page. When you edit your post/page, you’ll see a tab like “Sidebar Replacement” with the list of all availble sidebars to replace your default sidebar.